A lot of people consider walk-in closets a luxury with the perfect area to store clothes in well-organized racks and shelves. The reality is that walk-ins can get cluttered and with a lot of clothing and items it can quickly become chaos.
If you own a walk-in, you should consider showcasing your organizational skills. You can get rid of clothing and fashion items you don’t wear, and try as much as you can to maximize its space.
Here are 7 organizational tips to spice up your walk-in closet:
1. Arrangement: Since you are aiming for a clutter-free closet, you want to arrange and keep it that way. The first step to achieving that is bringing all the items out and begins rearranging them accordingly. For instance, an all clothes closet shouldn’t have items from any other category there.
2. Thorough Cleaning: Cleanliness is non-negotiable in your closet, so be sure to be thorough. Don’t just vacuum the floors, but also dust and wipe shelves, racks, and bins.
3. Get Rid of Unwanted Items: If you have items collect dust in the back of your closet, this is a great opportunity to purge some items through donations or sales. A widely accepted rule-of-thumb is that if you haven’t used it in the last year, you don’t need to keep it.
4. Adjustable Rods: With adjustable rods, you can organize according to categories. Your rods should be a mix of both long hanging and short hanging ones, so you can hang up long dresses and suits as well as blouses and jackets.
5. Shelves for Shoes: To avoid littering your floors and spoiling your well-organized walk-in closet, use shelves for shoes. You can mount shelves on one wall and use that vertical space to arrange the shoes. Shoes that you rarely wear should be on the top while those that you can’t do without should be reachable.
6. Install Drawers: If your closet is relatively large, you can add drawers. They’ll be perfect for storing underwear, pajamas, scarves, and socks. Fashion accessories like sunglasses and jewelry might also find a home there.Style: Give your walk-in closet a personalized look. Add things you like such as a mirror, wallpaper or art to give it a relaxed, lovable and eye-catching view.
7. Style: Give your walk-in closet a personalized look. Add things you like such as a mirror, wallpaper or art to give it a relaxed, lovable and eye-catching view.