Santa Fe Wine Storage
Proper storage of wine in a climate controlled environment is important when considering the aging process of wine. We know how important wine storage is to our customers. We offer convenient wine lockers to accommodate your wine needs!
SCROLL DOWN THIS PAGE TO SEE OUR AVAILABLE WINE STORAGE
Wine can improve with age, but also has shown to rapidly deteriorate if it has inadequate conditions. The three most important conditions in storing wine are temperature, humidity and light.
- The two most important factors in wine storage are temperature and temperature consistency.
- The ideal temperature for storing wine is 55 degrees.
- Repeated fluctuations of temperature can be injurious to wine.
- Direct sunlight (ultraviolet light) can have an adverse effect on wine and potentially cause faults.
- The storage area should be protected from the damaging effects of sunlight.
- Some amount of humidity is required in order to keep wines with cork enclosures from drying out.
- The low humidity in the Santa Fe area can cause the cork of the wine bottle to dry out.
- With low humidity, the top of the cork will dry out, shrink, crack, and allow more air to come in contact with the wine. This can cause the wine to spoil or oxidize.
Why is Mini U Storage Santa Fe Wine Storage the Right Choice?
- Our wine lockers are set with constant temperature and humidity control
- Great place for the overflow of your current wine collection
- Excellent place to store your wine if you have a second home
- You don’t need to be at home to sign for your wine delivery, you can give delivery persons access
- No need to spend thousands of dollars to install a wine cellar at your home
- Superior place to store your private collection
- Choose from a wide selection of storage lockers
* You must be 21 years of age to rent wine storage. Businesses with liquor, beer and wine licenses are prohibited from storing wine at this facility. For an appointment to see our wine storage please contact our office for a tour!